1. My full name is Araena (pronounced A RAE NA) Eva Sanchez
2. I was named after my great-grandmother ‘Eva’. I appreciate all that I have learned from her. I also carry a tremendous sadness that the relationship we both shared while she was alive was neither a pleasant nor a very happy one.
3. My birthday is April 21, 1976, and I am a very stubborn Taurus!
4. No one ever believes me when I tell them my real age is 35. At times, this can be quite annoying. I am often treated like some punk- assed stupid kid by adults who are usually younger than me, but look old and used.
5. I really love frogs! They are my most favorite animal, especially Tree Frogs.
6. Blue is my favorite color.
7. I love to write music, poetry, stories, and anything else that will fuck with your head, or tickle your fancy!
9. My mother is Black (African American). My father is from Puerto Rico and came to the U.S as a young boy. I am very proud to be a 'Mixed Race Girl'!
10. I feel embarrassed that ‘Yo Hablo Espanol un pequito’ (I speak a little bit of Spanish).
11. My mother is gay. I was introduced to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Community while I was still in the womb!
12. I have officially declared myself Pescetarian. (Pesce means fish). I do not eat anything with fur, four legs, or feathers. I eat lots of veggies, fruit, and things that can swim…and yes, that does include sea roaches, bottom feeders, and scavengers.
13. When I was little my favorite doll was The Incredible Hulk.
14. From 7th grade until 9th grade I was bullied by a girl that was about 300lbs. She reminded me of a gigantic ‘Chunky’ bar, loaded with nuts and raisins. 9th grade was when I finally grew some balls and said “Fuck you, I’m taking a fucking bite you big assed bitch!” She never fucked with me again.
15. The top reasons why kids would fuck with me in school: My name is weird (A- rain- A, A- snow- A, A- hail- A, A- sleet- A). Kids always assumed that one of my parents is white. Kids thought I wanted to be white. Kids thought I talked white. I really like ‘white music’. I like to chill with alot of white people. Kids thought I was a witch, Devil worshipper, Satanist, and seriously crazy. My mom is a ‘Lez’. I liked to wear combat boots and Heavy Metal T-Shirts. I was born with Cerebral Palsy in my left leg. Kids would call me ‘Gimp’ because I walk with a limp. Kids would sing ‘Walk like a man’ when I would stroll in the classroom. Kids fucked with me because I represented something they just couldn’t understand. They fucked with me because I had the guts to be hated for who I really am, and not loved for being something I am not. What can I say, I like to march to the beat of my own drum. Everyone else’s drums are boring.
16. I graduated from Collier High School. Collier is an alternative High School for kids who are diagnosed ED. We students would joke that ED means Extra Dumb. In all honesty, most of us who attend Collier are quite smart, just Emotionally Disturbed ;-)
17. I was drug and alcohol free until I turned 19. I was 20 the very first time I got drunk.
18. I have experienced many things that are “Supernatural” or things I just cannot logically explain.
19. I am extremely afraid of the dark and have slept with my head completely beneath the covers since childhood.
20. I am Nichiren Buddhist. click this link for more info http://sgi-usa.org/
22. The fact that I am going to die someday does not scare me. I am only scared that it will hurt. i.e. burning to death in a fire. Ouch!
23. I nick- named my six year old daughter ‘Twiggy’. Sometimes she reminds me of Twiggy, the very waif yet stunning model of the 60’s.Sometime she reminds me of Marilyn Manson's bass player, Twiggy Ramirez.
24. I am a total Horror Whore, a Sci-Fi Geek, a Kung Fu Fool, an Anime Maniac, and completely Cartooned Crazy.
25. I have a really cool collection of comics and action figures.
26. Music I sweat right now: Marilyn Manson, K-OS, Santogold, Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ladytron
27. Females I always sweat: Grace Jones, Iman, Cyndi Lauper, Lady Gaga, Tina Turner, Debbie Harry, Joan Jett, Siouxie Sioux
28. I believe I have lived quite a few lifetimes on earth. This would not be my first or my last trip here.
29. I locked my hair because as a woman of color, I really wanted to know what it would be like to have long hair that hangs down my back. No human hair weaves. No synthetic Kanekalon that comes in a bag. No fucking receipts. Just my very own beautiful knotty- rocker-happy-and-nappy-white-people-wish-they-had hair.
30. Maybe I really am crazy